Powderly Construction (formerly Thomas Powderly Building Contractor) are Ireland’s leading restoration building contractor over the past 50 years. We are based on the Coolfore Road in Ardbraccan on the outskirts of Navan, with Dublin offices on upper Pembroke Street. Our workmanship can be seen all over Leinster and the North East. We specialise in the restoration of period homes and have vast experience in restoring these landmarks to their former glory.
As award winning heritage contractors we go to great lengths restoring period buildings to their former glory. As members of CIF and Homebond we apply suitable standards and procedures to all our projects so they meet proper building regulations. We are also listed on the CIF and Meath County Council list of approved heritage contractors.
We are experienced in all aspects of construction including one-off residential houses, refurbishments, and extensions of existing houses and commercial buildings. As restoration contractors we provide the best practices for conservation and restoration whilst also recognising and promoting the heritage sector. We have the experience, knowledge and skill to deliver the highest standards and we pride ourselves on this. Our knowledge and experience of buildings old and new have earned a reputation as the leading conservation and restoration contractors in Ireland and we have been recognised by the heritage centre for our projects in the past.
As building contractors our portfolio includes Public Houses, Restaurants, Industrial Units and Large or Small Extensions & Refurbishments. Below is a list of some of our most recent completed conservation and restoration projects:
- Killua Castle and Gardens, Co.Westmeath
- Dorset Street College, comprised of several Georgian houses, Co.Dublin
- Bachelor Lodge Equestrian Centre, Co.Meath
- Airlie Stud aka Grangewilliam House, Co.Kildare
- Mountainstown House and Gardens
- Ballinlough Castle and Gardens, Co.Meath and Westmeath
- Bellinter House Country Hotel and Wellness Centre, ( Award for best restoration of stonework – Meath Co.Co. ) Co.Meath.
- Ardbraccan House, ( Award 2002 for Best Restoration of a Private Dwelling ) Co.Meath.
- Sonairte National Ecology Centre, Co.Louth
- Georgian House, Leeson Street, Dublin
- Fraine House, Co.Meath
- Georgian House, Manor Street, Dublin
- St.Columbus Church of Ireland, Kells, Co.Meath
- Edwardian period, Old Post Office, Kells, Co.Meath
- St John the Baptist, Church of Ireland, Clonmellon, Co.Westmeath (part of the Killua Castle project)
- Victorian period house, Palmerston Road, Rathmines, Co.Dublin
- Gernonstown House, Gernonstown, Slane, Co.Meath
As the leading Restoration Specialist in Ireland we also provide maintenance services on completed projects if required. Our success has been achieved because we develop good relationships with our clients on a personal level and we are always in touch keeping them up to speed with every stage of the project. We have the resources, experience and commitment to deliver projects on time and budget whatever obstacles we encounter.